Friday 25 May 2007

Not For Resale news

This is from my Not For Resale Myspace blog; but bigger and better:

They've rearranged Fitzes! It's actually pretty good now; decks by the window which is nice for the balmy weather, more space, some of which you can dance in if the feeling were to take you, same number of sofas too. Almost a miracle of physics, but obviously not. Yeah, I like it except for the horrendous funk band playing downstairs whose clichéd thumping was too much to bear for too much of the night. I'm going to try and move NFR to Thursdays and see what happens. Apparently that's a better day for most people anyway so we'll see.

Thanks to everyone who turned up, is always a pleasure to have a decent group of people to chat and play stuff to.

So yesterday I went to BBC 6 Music to be interviewed for the Virtual Tour competition. Not For Resale/me has been entered into this competition to win a DJ set at a summer festival. Hmmm. Wonder what I could do with one of those. So I get a 1 hour mix played (Which has been pre-recorded. Not sure if I should tell you the tracklisting or keep it a surprise. What do you reckon?)

Anyway, yeah, so my mix and interview get played next Sunday, 3rd June at 8pm. Here's the link to the shows site so you can vote for me. BBC 6 Music 6 Mix

I'm looking forward to this. I wasn't sure whether I was or not and I wasn't interested in winning until I heard the DJ I'm up against in the first round is from Cambridge. Brighton Vs. Cambridge? They wouldn't even open a book on it. I have also realised the enormous potential of me getting a set at a festival. They can't drag me off the decks can they? They wouldn't dare. That's the best environment to hear totally fucked up music, people are always much more open when they're in the fresh air and I’ve got a whole lot to give, yeh?

I'm sure some famous political quote that I should really know the originator of says: "A vote for me is a vote for you" - but that could have been from a film. Well it applies here fictitious or not.

So yeah, exciting. I have no idea what degree of awfulness my interview will be, so don't expect anything. It's all about the music anyways, maaaan.

Here’s your monthly NFR mix download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/bzm14q

So this isn’t the biggest unwieldy blog entry ever, the tracklist is here: Not For Resale Blog


Here's last nights tracklisting. It's a mash of me and Fokka Wolfe (as much as I can remember of what he played:) since we kept swapping over - so no defined personal sets. Watch out for Turbowolf – they’re from Bristol, sent me the best packaged demo ever all wrapped up in tape with matches, balloons, stickers and a little cake card. Now DFA 1979 have gone we need something to fill the void and Turbowolf are it::

The Butterflies Of Love – Orbit Around You (7", Fortuna Pop!)
Turbowolf – Do Me Wrong / Mystery / Playland (Demo)
Dragonette – I Get Around (Single, Mercury)
Parts & Labor – Unexplosions (Mapmaker, Jagjaguwar)
Yeborobo – I Was Injured At Work, Help Me Wreak My Revenge (What A Fantastic Barrier, Mentalist Association)
Good Shoes – Morden (Think Before You Speak, Brille)
The Dirty Socials – Smokin' Gun (Demo)
Dungen – Sa Blev Det Bestämt (Tio Bitar, Kemando)
Blodulv – Grimness (The Purest Cold Precision, Total Holocaust)
Charlottefield – The Eleventh Day (How Long Are You Staying, Unlabel/Jonson Family)
Enid Blitz – Bedtime (Demo)
Catnap – Onward Christian (Snakes & Ladders Compilation)
The Banned – Godspeed (All The Good Things, Demo)
Foals – Hummer (7", Transgressive)
Holy Fuck – The Pulse (Holy Fuck, Self Released)
Hadouken! - Superstar (Demo)
Of Montreal- The Past Is A Grotesque Animal (Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?, Polyvinyl)
Ben Frost – Stomp (Theory Of Machines, Bedroom Community)
Go Johnny Go – Mama Please Don't Go (The Spend Ep, Demo)
Bucks & Gallants – Paid Professionals (Mark, Hey Person)
The Chedington Incident – Cut The Cord (Demo)
Sick Buildings – IDK (Demo)
Does It Offend You Yeah? – Weird Science (7", Chrysalis)
Shy Child – Noise Won't Stop (Noise Won't Stop, Wall Of Sound)
Kap Bambino – New Breath (7", Alt/Delete Recordings)
Crystal Castles – XXZCZX Me (Demo)
Grails – More Extinction (Burning Of Impurities, Temporary Residence Limited)
Turbowolf – Do Me Wrong (Demo)
Monotract – Muddy Thunder (Trueno Oscuro, Load)
Revenge Of Shinobi – House (? – I Don't Actually Know Anymore – I Think All Shinobi Songs Are Called 'House') (Demo)
Milk – Don't Eat The Sweets (Sweet Tooth, Demo)
Kotki Dwa – Pad (Demo)
Howlin' Rain – Calling Lightning With A Scythe (Howlin' Rain, Birdman)
Herman Dune - I Wish That I Could See You Soon (7", Source)
Teen Evil – Relapse (Demo)
Vile Imbeciles – Licking Venom With A Reproach Muscle (Ma, White Heat)
The Middle Computer – Eating Bananas reminds Me Of the Old Days (Demo)
The Horrors – Gloves (7", Loog)
Let's Wrestle - Song For ABBA Tribute Record (7", Marquis Cha Cha)
Patrick Wolf – The Magic Position (The Magic Position, Loog)

...........................................................................................................................

I'm disappointed that I never got to play the Dreamer and Bearhead tracks I was planning on playing. Next time, next time.

Next Fitzes Not For Resale is on the 6th June, unless I do change it to Thursdays quickly.

Next Not For Resale Live is coming up soon on the 15th June in the Greenhouse Effect Basement, with Raised On Replicas, Catnap and My Device. It's going to blast.


See you soon.


Meatbreak

1 comment:

SOURCE said...

Epic post, oh meaty one. I'm gonna download the mix now, sounds like a cracker.

Kendall